Grosvenor Toastmasters (gTM), founded in 1967, is one of the oldest active clubs in District 60 and we are 54 years young.
As an open club, we are a culturally diverse and dynamic, inclusive and supportive, friendly and fun group. We traditionally have a pub social following each toastmaster meeting.
During the pandemic, we continue to meet virtually via Zoom. Check the meeting schedule page, register via our Eventbrite page to get the Zoom link to join our meeting.
Top 5 reasons to join gTM
5. We know what we’re doing! We have been a President’s Distinguished Club, the highest recognition for a club since 2000 – that’s 20 consecutive years. We are also the home club for past District champions, area directors, 2 Distinguished Toastmasters and 5 dual members.
4. Our well-planned meeting speaks for itself. Our two-hour bi-weekly meeting starts with a mind-expanding meeting theme and an interactive table topic session to stir our imagination. After the networking break, we present a full slate of speakers from our diverse membership speaking on a plethora of topics and end with an engaging evaluation session. We take pride in the quality of our meetings. Visit us as a guest and see for yourself!
3. Every new member gets a mentor! Toastmasters is a proven experiential peer-learning program. We carefully match seasoned members with new members based on personality fit, learning goal and availability. Mentors become the point of contact for the mentees and help them navigate through the first few speeches or Level 1 of the Pathways learning program.
2. When the sum is greater than its parts. Join a like-minded group of professionals with an interest to grow stronger and better together. By providing a collaborative, safe and supportive space for our members to explore, experiment and hone their communication and leadership skills, we learn, fail and grow together as individuals and as together a team in this life-long journey of personal developments.
1. We know how to have fun… and we take it seriously! Founder of Toastmasters, Dr. Ralph C. Smedley said, “We learn best at moments of enjoyment.” In fact, gTM is your best edutainment option mid-week. From the annual holiday party, to the outdoor meeting in the summer and (virtual) pub social after every meeting, we provide ourselves with lots of memorable moments to cherish! Get educated and entertained, uplifted and energized at Grosvenor Toastmasters every 2nd & 4th Wednesday evening of every month.