- Attend meetings regularly. If you must miss a meeting, please send an email to the head table and your regrets through EasySpeak.
- Confirm your attendance and role through EasySpeak. If you must back out of a role or prepared speech, please try to find someone to replace you or reach out to the meeting’s chair to find someone to it step in.
- Contribute to a respectful, warm, friendly, and ethical environment.
- Share the benefits of Toastmasters membership by inviting / attracting guests who may benefit.
Service to the Member
- Step up to help the club function. If you notice there are unfilled roles, take on a role.
- Provide fellow members with positive, helpful, and constructive evaluations & feedback.
- Mark the completion of your speech projects and Levels through Toastmasters Base Camp. If you are not sure about how to do this, reach out to an executive member.
Dedication to Excellence
- We all have different abilities and resources available to us. All we ask is that you challenge yourself to perform your Pathways speeches and assign duties as best you can every time.
- If you are not sure about how to perform your role, please visit the gTM website here.
- Call people in— not out. If you notice someone is not giving their best or they are not upholding the TM core values, have a private conversation with them and hold them accountable.
Respect for the Individual
- Use respectful and inclusive language.
- Call people in— not out. If you notice someone is using problematic language, have a private conversation with them to see how you can support their growth and hold them accountable. If you’re not sure how to go about a touchy conversation, please reach out to an executive member.
- Respect that everyone is moving at their own pace while balancing other duties and responsibilities; at the same time, always have high expectations of others and challenge them to go further.